Chef: From Doidge Baldwin, Doidge's, San Francisco
Ready in: 7 minutes or more
Serves: 5 or more
- 12 strips bacon, each cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Dry Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fry bacon until cooked but still pliable. Line each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin with 2 strips of bacon, winding bacon around cups in a circular fashion.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon pimiento in each cup, then add 1 teaspoon wine and 1 egg to each cup.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle a little cheese over each egg.
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until cheese just melts. Remove eggs from cups with a rubber spatula.