Chef: Rumiano Family
Ready in: 60 minutes or more
Serves: 5 or more
- 4-5 c. potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3-4 Tbs. butter
- 2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. Rumiano Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small pot, pour milk and warm until slightly scalded.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Butter a 2-quart bking dish, and layer 1/4 cup of potatoes and then sprinkle potatoes with some of the flour mixture.
- Then add another layer with 1/4 cup of potatoes, sprinkle with flour mixture, and top with final layer of potatoes.
- Spread chunks of butter over top of potatoes, and cover with hot milk.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover dish, and sprinkle with Rumiano Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake for a final 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and potatoes are tender.