Featured Recipe: Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Chef: Rumiano Cheese Co.
- Ready in: 1 hr 15 min
- Complexity: easy
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 5 Idaho potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Rumiano Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease a9 inch pie dish or 8x8 pan with butter.
2. In a Small bowl, add cream, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Evenly spread 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the greased baking pan. Whisk the cream mixture and pour 1/3 of it on top of the potatoes. Top with 1/3 of the cheese and dot with a few cubes of butter. Repeat the layers two more times - potatoes, cream, cheese, butter.
4. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for an addition 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve while warm!