Come to work for California's oldest family owned cheese company. The Rumiano Cheese Company is dedicated to the manufacture and distribution of the highest quality cheese. Our main focus is providing our customers with the utmost service and quality that we achieve by exceeding their expectations in all ways. Our success is measured by our loyalty to our employees and vendors and to the success of our customers.
PM maintenance technician needs to be able to work overnight in a cheese production facility to ensure the machines don’t break down, while performing routine maintenance. If there is a machine issue the technician needs to be able to problem solve to a solution quickly to get production back up and running. Mechanical and electrical skills are utilized to fix most problems on-site.
Position Reports To: Production Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Performs general installations.
- Performs painting, minor plumbing, stoppages and leaks, changing light bulbs and general clean-up.
- Empties trash and recycle bins.
- Moves boxes, furniture and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing, copper, galvanized, and plastic pipe; how to use and install each.
- Be able to grease and maintain functioning equipment
- Strong understanding of mechanical operations
Food Safety Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Monitor and control Quality Standards during production.
- Food Handling/Production experience a plus
- Direct and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of HACCP, SQF 2000 System, Food Safety a plus.
- Basic mathematic skills
- Multi-lingual a plus
- General use of basic tools and power tools.
- Able to operate motorized equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret hazard labels, OSHA warnings and product use instructions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge/experience with carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical and/or HVAC systems. Knowledge/experience with chemicals and equipment used in the building maintenance trade. Knowledge of safety measures associated with the building maintenance trade.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Fast paced production line environment
- Lifting 10-20+ lbs. consistently throughout day
- Heavy machinery operation
- Exposure to cold (34 – 40 Degrees F) in cold storage
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch; or crawl and talk or hear
- Overtime and Saturday shifts expected; Sunday shifts seldom
- Primarily indoors
- Loud equipment (hearing protection required)
- Occasional exposure to cold in Cold Storage
- Use of Heavy Machinery (Fork Lifts, Pallet Jacks, etc)
Production Line Associate
This position is responsible for a variety of duties including check weighing unpacked product, loading packaging machines, labeling packaged product, applying price labels to product, boxing finished product, palletizing of cases, and perform quality checks for labels, packaging material, etc. Required to work and communicate with others to ensure efficient production flow and throughput. A wide variety of duties, listed or not listed on this position description, may be required of this position. Duties and Responsibilities listed may refer to a specific department.
- Fast paced, production line environment;
- Lifting 40+ pounds consistently, depending on position;
- Occasional exposure to cold (34 – 40 Degrees F) in cold storage;
- Standing consistently throughout work shift;
- Occasional overtime (10 hours) during week, with seldom weekends required.
- Primarily indoors;
- Loud equipment (hearing protection required);
- Occasional exposure to cold in cold storage;
- Fast paced production/manufacturing line work.
To apply go to Rush Personnel in Chico. This is a minimum wage position with room for advancement. The hours for this job are either 5:30am-4pm in Prepack and 3:30pm to 2am for Slicing.