09 December 2014
Rumiano Family Recipe 2014
Cheesy Chicken Soup Casserole
Our 3rd Annual Holiday Recipe Contest is nearly over; before it is we'd like to share another Rumiano family recipe. The last recipe we shared (Cheesy Rigatoni) was a classic dish my grandma Claire Rumiano would make for the holidays. This year we're taking a leap into the future generation with a recipe by my parents Pat and John Rumiano. This Cheesy Chicken Soup Casserole is something that was often made between Thanksgiving and Christmas and loved by all. With the simplicity of a casserole and sustenance of a Thanksgiving feast, this Cheesy Chicken Soup Casserole is a recipe designed for those cold winter nights.
- 1 Steamed Chicken
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms (Cremini)
- 8 Slices Rumiano Family Organic Monterey Jack (any variety works!)
- 1 Package Stuffing (Stove Top will work, but we used an organic alternative from Whole Foods)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Shred steamed chicken, spread chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together Cream of Chicken soup with 1/4 cup Chicken Broth in bowl, spoon over chicken in baking sheet.
- Next, you'll want to spread the sliced cheese evenly atop the shredded chicken.
- Throw in the sliced Cremini mushrooms and spread evenly.
- Pour and spread the Cream of Mushroom Soup over the mushrooms.
- Layer the Broccoli on top of the Cream of Mushroom.
- Throw the stuffing on top of the dish, and spread evenly.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes at 350°F. Let sit for ~5 minutes, and enjoy!